The right food, the right surroundings, the right way
Environmental & Social Governance
We care about the health of our guests and the health of our planet. That’s why we’ve made it our goal to do things right:
- Our central kitchen and efficient operations ensure minimum wastage
- Freshly prepared food reduces the reliance on energy-hungry processes and storage
Every member of the exec team has signed up to support our journey towards carbon neutral status. We aim to achieve the following in 2023:
- Switch to fully recyclable packaging
- Comptoir ESG Committee has set a target of Carbon Neutral by 2050
- In 2023, we became members of the Sustainable Restaurant Association
- ENERGY: We only use electricity from renewable sources. Our energy reduction initiatives include: trialing energy monitoring software across 4 of our busiest sites; we have issued all of our teams with specific guidance on reducing energy usage by appliance and we have installed additional timers and thermostats on some appliances.
- WASTE: we prepare our food to order which minimizes waste. We also aim to reduce waste by 10% by the end of 2024
- PACKAGING: all packaging will be recyclable by the end of 2023
- TRANSPORT: we are continuously reducing the number of deliveries we receive.
- PLANT BASED MENUS: Our food naturally encompasses beautiful plant based ingredients, enabling our guests to make conscious choices without compromising on flavour or overall experience
- We care about our communities through charity events (career day), fundraising (Earthquake appeal raised £100k) and continued partnerships which make a positive contribution to the local economies (Chateau Ksara)
- We look after our Teams through fair pay, learning & development opportunities and supportive employment practices
- We pay tax in full in the UK
- As we grow, we will ensure that we have a positive impact on our local and global communities.